Our 2022 Annual Report contains thought pieces from our Advisory Board members, who are leading experts, academics and practitioners. The report addresses the critical issues currently affecting governments and businesses.
At no time in the recent past has the supply chain and logistics industry been the focus of so much attention. Previously invisible to the general public – and indeed to government – the Covid crisis has propelled the industry into the public spotlight. Systemic vulnerabilities have been laid bare as a result of volatile consumer demand, government stimulus packages, production disruption and misfiring sea, air and road freight sectors.
Beyond the current challenges, it is clear that politicians and business leaders need a vision for an industry which is fit for the 21st century. If indeed governments are to ‘build back better’, the industry must undergo a transformation. The report contains papers on how technology will play an important role in this shift; how companies must respond to the challenge of sustainability and carbon emission reduction; the efforts needed to encourage more women to the sector and lessons which can be learnt from emerging markets.
Table of Contents:
- Supply chain dysfunction laid bare: the need for new thinking, John Manners Bell
Disruption and Supply Chain Transformation:
- 6 Drivers of Next Generation Rapid Change, Alan Braithwaite
- Future Supply Chains, Celine Hourcade
- Suez Canal Blockage, Nick Wildgoose
- Shipping in the time of Covid-19, A Supply Chain Crisis, Jan Hoffman
- How the IC shortage is making vehicle manufacturers rethink their supply chain strategy, Anders Petersson
Digital Information Services:
- The Late Delivery of Technology to Trucking Companies, Ken Lyon
- Seamless transport and logistics through supply chain visibility, Cecilia Strokirk
- Drawing the line between transparency, tech stacks and sustainability, Ruthie Amaru
- COP26 and logistics and transport industry, John Manners Bell
- Women in logistics, Sarah Smith
- Carbon Labelling – Alan McKinnon
- EV battery recycling – John Manners Bell
- Electric vehicles, changing mindset – Essa Al-Saleh
- Lessons to be learnt from emerging market e-commerce models, Raghu Ramachandran
- Covid-19 as a super accelerator of pre-existing trends in Asia, Mark Millar
To download the report please enter your details via the form opposite.